- Rutgers University School of Law - Camden (J.D., 2007)
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (B.A., with honors, 2003)
Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey, 2008
- New York, 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, 2010
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Michael R. CarusoAssociate
Phone (973) 530-2109
Fax (973) 530-2309
Michael R. Caruso, an associate at Wolff & Samson, practices in the areas of litigation, commercial foreclosure, bankruptcy and creditors' rights. He represents national banks, servicers and lenders in workouts and restructurings, forbearance agreements, loan modifications and litigation involving distressed and defaulted loans. Michael regularly prosecutes commercial mortgage foreclosures, many with receiverships, and enforces guarantees in state courts. He also advises investors in connection with acquiring distressed loans from other institutions and bidding at auction. As an associate in Wolff & Samson’s Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Group, Michael represents the firm’s clients in all aspects of reorganization and liquidation proceedings.
Michael’s experience includes:
- Representing a Chapter 11 trustee in the sale of a 364-unit apartment complex located on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City, New Jersey;
- Representing a New York hospital and its affiliates as debtors in possession undergoing Chapter 11 reorganization;
- Regularly representing sureties, mortgagees, secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy court adversary proceedings and other contested matters;
- Successfully foreclosing diverse properties throughout New Jersey, including offices, mixed-use real estate, a shopping center and an historic mansion; and
- Obtaining summary judgment dismissal of all claims against a New Jersey public entity for an alleged dangerous condition on its property.
Prior to joining Wolff & Samson, Michael was an associate at Windels Marx Lane & Mittendorf, LLP. Upon graduation from law school, Michael clerked for the Hon. Jamie D. Happas, J.S.C. and the Hon. Andrea Carter, J.S.C., each of the Superior Court of the New Jersey, Law Division, Middlesex County. While attending Rutgers University School of Law, Michael received the distinction of “Top Ten Petitioner Brief” in the James J. Hunter Advanced Moot Court Competition.