- Emory University School of Law (J.D., 1982) Order of the Coif and Writing Editor of Emory Law Journal
- Cornell University (B.S., 1979) Industrial and Labor Relations
Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- American Bar Association
- Cornell Entrepreneurship Advisory Council
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
Rhonda CarniolMember of the Firm
Phone (973) 530-2101
Fax (973) 530-2301
NY Phone (212) 973-0572
Rhonda Carniol counsels entities in all aspects of media, advertising, technology, corporate and computer law. Her clients include multinational publicly traded companies, advertising agencies, software companies, data and media providers, and start-up ventures.
Rhonda’s experience as lead counsel in many substantial, complex transactions includes joint ventures, strategic alliances and financing deals. She also advises both users and vendors with respect to:
- Outsourcing and ASP agreements
- Data licensing, protection and distribution
- Software licensing, development and protection
- Index development, licensing and protection
- Advertising and marketing services agreements
- Product development
- Web site development and hosting
- Internet co-branding and advertising arrangements
- Consulting and development agreements
- E-commerce transactions
- Online education
- Private label, distribution and manufacturing transactions
In addition, Rhonda counsels technology, media and advertising companies in connection with acquisitions and sales, public offerings, private placements and venture capital transactions.
Rhonda’s speaking engagements include presentations on entrepreneurship for the Cornell Entrepreneur Network and the Cornell College of Human Ecology, a speech on business process outsourcing before the National Conference and Research Group, and a discussion of strategic alliances and joint ventures at the Stevens Institute of Technology’s Law and Entrepreneurship Program and the Howe School of Technology Management.
She is the author of many articles on subjects ranging from outsourcing and privacy issues to financing and Internet topics. Her articles have appeared in a wide range of legal and trade publications including the National Law Journal, Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, E-Commerce Law Report, Cyberspace Lawyer, the Health Care Strategic Management Newsletter and New Jersey TechNews.
Rhonda was selected as a ‘2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Intellectual Property Law and Technology' and as one of ‘New Jersey’s Women Leaders in the Law’ based on her AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest ranking of both ethical standards and legal ability that Martindale awards. In 2012, Rhonda was named by NJBIZ as one of New Jersey's "Best 50 Women in Business." She received her J.D. from Emory University School of Law where she was the writing editor of the Emory Law Journal and a member of the Order of the Coif.